I am the owner of Spanish For All Austin, L.L.C., a boutique agency providing healthcare interpreting, translation, and healthcare interpreting training services, with a focus on Spanish.
I graduated as a speech therapist from Rafael Landivar University, Guatemala City, Guatemala, including 400 hours of supervised practicum as a speech therapist. I am also certified by Intecap and Agis, Guatemala City, as a medical administrative insurance technician and have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Marketing from the University of Phoenix. I passed the Berlitz Spanish Proficiency Test – Professional level, with full credits, took the 48 hours Healthcare Interpreter Training offered by TAHIT, and have passed the CoreCHI exam. I plan to take the oral CHI Spanish exam.
I work as a healthcare interpreter trainer offering online one-on-one training to healthcare interpreting students worldwide. I designed the curriculum of the first one-on-one 40-hour program, which I have offered in Texas, the U.S., and worldwide since 2013. This training was accredited by the International Medical Interpreters Association and listed as the only CMIE accredited program in Texas in 2014. I have over 19 years of experience in the education and business fields working with diverse age groups and ethnicities. I have worked as a teacher and speech therapist helping people to achieve goals and improve their rehabilitation prognostics with excellent results and mutual satisfaction.
My volunteer experience is as follows:
• Vice President and Executive Board Member, Texas Association of Healthcare Interpreters and Translators (TAHIT), 2020 to present
• Member, as a Producer, of Committee F43, Subcommittee F43.96 on US TAG to ISO/TC37 and Subcommittee F43.01 on Language Interpreting, ASTM International, 2017 to 2020
• Secretary and Executive Board Member, Texas Association of Healthcare Interpreters and Translators (TAHIT), 2014 – 2018
• Chair of Board of Directors, Member Board of Directors, The National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI), 2015 – 2016
• IMIA Texas Chapter Chair, IMIA Texas Chapter Vice-Chair, International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA), 2014 – 2016
• Director of Membership, Austin Area Translators and Interpreters Association (AATIA), 2014 – 2015